We are seeking a Mid-Weight Designer to contribute to our growth through a sensitive and capable individual who is deeply in line with our design ethos.
Location: five days per week at 50 Rochester, London. It might be requested to work from the brand premises at 115 Old Street, London from time to time.
Working hours: 9 am – 6 pm (1hr Lunch)
Reporting to: Founder (Michael Anastassiades) as well as the Head of Design
The successful candidate will be able to show their strong technical skills and design sensibility through examples of past work that pertains specifically to product design. The successful candidate’s education or experience in design will have prepared the candidate to be able to autonomously ideate design concepts and solutions, innovating in both form and function on a world-class level. A self-starter attitude is must have as you will be tasked with creating work from scratch, under the direction of the founder, Michael Anastassiades and the head of design. Aside from possessing a comprehensive set of skills, the successful candidate should also demonstrate their ability to sensitively work in a studio environment where an understanding of how to design for others is key.
Aside from your core design responsibilities, you will actively take on key administrative duties peripheral to the work (coordinating, ordering, logistics, documentation, peripheral material making, etc..) to facilitate a general studio environment. As such, flexibility and adaptability are key traits needed to realize the design work.
Skills and experience:
• 4+ years of relevant work experience.
• A high-energy, can-do attitude that can work both collaboratively and independently.
• An ability to multitask with excellent time management whilst dealing with shifting deadlines and priorities.
• A strong ability to create meaningful projects from sketch to release.
• A deep creative impulse that harnesses your own design sensibilities whilst pairing neatly into a collaborative environment.
• Understanding the complexities and responsibilities needed to deliver a project/product to market at each step. This includes an understanding of production and making, experience in delivering products to market, client management and overall problem-solving.
• Essential skills should include working in Rhino, Keyshot, Fusion 360, and the Adobe Creative Suite with an ability to develop work further into high-level production drawings and presentations.
• We expect a successful candidate to actively use model-making through every stage to experiment and validate one's ideas. A hands-on attitude is needed in order to actively pursue solutions through this method.
• A strong understanding of design aesthetics as well as a keen oversight of the design world, at large. A particular interest in Furniture and Lighting history is a must.
• Must also be able to travel from time to time and aid in on-site installations and supplier visits. A background or keen interest in setting up exhibitions or installations is also needed.
To express your interest in this role please submit your CV, cover letter, and portfolio in PDF format (no larger than 8MB) with the subject title ‘Mid-Weight Designer' via the apply for job button below or directly to Phillipp Materna, Head of Design (email@example.com)